Today's meat-free Friday recipe is adapted from Marthastewart.com. You'll see from the details that you can play freely with the ingredients -- we like lots of cumin and zucchini. We've had it twice in one week, so it must be good!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch rounds (I used 3 zucchini)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (I used more)
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander (I used more)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic (I used 3 tsp jar garlic)
- 1 tblsp tomato paste (I used 1 small jar)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained (I used 2 cans)
- 8 corn tortillas (I used 16 small flour fajita tortillas)
- sour cream, salsa, lime wedges for garnish
- Saute zucchini in oil with cumin and coriander for about 8 minutes. Remove from pan and season with salt and pepper.
- In the same pan, saute onion and garlic until soft. Add tomato paste and cook for another minute. Add beans and 1/2 cup water. Simmer and smash beans with a spoon.
- Warm tortillas in a pan or microwave. Fill with zucchini and bean mixture. Garnish with sour cream, salsa, and lime.