President Trump does not understand the science behind climate change, what climate change is, or the threat that it poses to all of humanity. He proved this point during his recent interview with Lesley Stahl on 60 Minutes (transcript here). That's why we need to vote, vote, and vote some more. Vote for any candidate who is willing to face climate change head-on. Vote against candidates who bury their heads in the sand. Vote.
Sunday, October 14, 2018
Monday, October 8, 2018
Now there's something more I can try -- I can go garamond! It turns out that some fonts use less ink than others, saving significant ink and money in the long run. I think I'm going to mention this item to the next meeting of the high school's environmental club!
Saturday, September 29, 2018
U.S./Mexico border is an environmental disaster, but removing wildlife barriers is also something we can tackle in our own backyards. And those hedgehogs really are cute!
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
- sea otters are the only marine mammal that doesn't use blubber to stay warm in the icy waters of the Pacific -- to stay warm, they have incredibly thick fur that traps air
- sea otters are a keystone species in their habitat -- the role that they play impacts all the other species in the area
- sea otter populations seem to be spreading (that's good news!) -- there was a recent sighting in southern California
- sea otter mothers tie their babies into floating seaweed while they go looking for food, but there's always a plan B:
Saturday, September 22, 2018
"In almost all rhino conservation areas, there are other valuable plants and animals. The protection of rhinos helps protect other species including elephants, buffalo, and small game. Rhinos contribute to economic growth and sustainable development through the tourism industry, which creates job opportunities and provides tangible benefits to local communities living alongside rhinos. Rhinos are one of the "Big 5" animals popular on African safaris and they are a popular tourism draw in places like the Eastern Himalayas."
Do you want to help?
Sunday, September 9, 2018
To a refrigerator dying young.
Thursday, September 6, 2018
|image from wikipedia|
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 1/3 cup basil
- 3/4 cup pine nuts or slivered almonds
1) Cook pasta until it's al dente.
2) Mix together olive oil, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and basil.
3) Pour liquid over pasta and toss with pine nuts or almonds.