‘Tis the season for lists and reminiscing, so greenmomster is going to indulge! Here’s the list of my 10 favorite green activities for 2012. I’d love to hear about yours too – be sure to post them on Facebook!
10) Starting out the New Year at our favorite park – Sky Meadows – with our annual New Years Day hike!
9) Being chosen as a Climate Mama on the Climate Mama website, a website and organization dedicated to reducing human impacts on our climate!
8) Clamming on Block Island RI! What a great day – hanging out with our favorite environmental science teacher, raking up clams, and learning about sustainability.
7) Adopting a stream! OK, maybe our stream wasn’t quite as healthy as we thought, but it was a great experience and we learned a lot. And hope springs eternal – we’re checking out our new stream in January 2013!
6) Goin’ Ape! Swinging from ropes, practicing our tarzan yells, and zip-lining!
5) Volunteering at Sky Meadows State Park with the family! Whether we’re hiking the trails for trail maintenance, designing a calendar, taking pictures at park events, or collecting acorns, any day at Sky Meadows is a great day!
4) Camping at Bear Creek Lake State Park! Canoeing, fishing, archery, s’mores, and glamping in my new BIG tent with the family – what could be better than that?
3) Hiking and biking on Bull Island SC! We’ve still got that SC beach buzz going as we enjoy our sand dollar Christmas tree ornaments.
2) Attending the anti-fracking rally on the U.S. Capitol grounds this summer! Craft supplies for our protest signs – $3; parking near the rally – $20; sunscreen for the incredibly hot day – $10; hearing my son say “Hey Mom, I never knew there were so many people like you out there!” – priceless.
1) Definitely one of my favorite green activities every year – watching the baby loggerhead sea turtles dash from their nests to the ocean!
Happy New Year to all of the greenmomsters out there! Here’s to a green 2013!