Necessities and Temptations by the Junior League of Austin. As an aside, you can get this cookbook for just 64 cents at the Barnes and Noble website, and I use many of the recipes (like the yummy banana bread recipe) frequently. So enjoy a little southern zest this Christmas week with some Tex-Mex quiche!This week’s meat-free Friday dish comes to us from Texas! I adapted this recipe from one I found in
1 10 inch pie shell,lightly browned
3 cups sliced mushrooms
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 – 1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 small can Hatch chilis (hot)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tblsp all-purpose flour
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup red salsa
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions.
3) In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add mayonnaise, flour, milk, salsa, and Hatch chilis.
4) Stir vegetables into the egg mixture.
5) Layer 1/2 of the veggie/egg mixture into the pie shell. Sprinkle a layer of cheese on top and then add the rest of the veggie/egg mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
6) Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until firm and a knife stuck in the center comes out without liquid on it.
Post a Comment