To celebrate World Elephant Day, here’s a repost with lots of links for you to enjoy and learn about elephants.
Be sure to “like” Greenmomster on Facebook!
(photo from David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust)
Who doesn’t love elephants? At greenmomster, we’ve had several posts about elephants:
- you can take an elephant quiz
- learn about elephant poaching and illegal trade
- find out if elephants have emotions
We’ve also listed many ways you can help in elephant conservation, including:
- NEVER buy ivory or other elephant products
- Read and learn about these fascinating creatures. An easy read on elephants that I really enjoyed was “Echo of the Elephants” by Cynthia Moss and Martyn Colbeck.
- Support elephant conservation. Two groups worth looking into:Save the Elephants and The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust.
Now there are two new ways to learn more about the issue of elephant poaching and ways you can help in elephant conservation:
- The Diane Rehm radio show just had an informative hour on elephant conservation.
- CBS Sunday morning just presented a great program on the fight against elephant poaching in Africa.
Take some time; read and watch. Then decide how you’re going to help out.