The National Environmental Education Foundation(NAEEF) recently released preliminary results of a national survey on environmental attitudes. NAEEF plans to use the results of this survey to guide their work in achieving their goal of having 300 million Americans actively using environmental knowledge to ensure the well-being of the Earth and its people by 2022. Although NAEEF managed to put a positive spin on the preliminary results, I found some of the numbers a bit concerning:
- 77% of adults surveyed turn off a light when leaving a room….
- 54% of adults surveyed look for the energy seal on products….
- 60% of adults surveyed keep up with news about how the environment impacts health…
- 61% of adults visited a park or nature center…
- 23% of adults surveyed don’t turn off lights when leaving a room.
- 46% of adults surveyed don’t look for the energy seal on products.
- 40% of adults surveyed don’t keep up with news about how the environment impacts health.
- 39% of adults surveyed haven’t visited a park or nature center.
- 21% of the adults surveyed were aware that batteries are recyclable, but found it too difficult to recycle them properly.
- 59% of the adults surveyed considered an environmentally conscious lifestyle to be too much work.
- 61% of the adults surveyed consider an environmentally conscious lifestyle too expensive.
Want to keep up on the latest green news? Be sure to "Like" greenmomster on Facebook.
NAEEF Press Release: New National Survey Findings are Good News for the Environment. Accessed 2/9/2014 at http://www.neefusa.org/assets/files/Benchmark-Survey-launch.pdf
Post a Comment