Be sure to "Like" greenmomster on Facebook for more green news!
Our furnace died this week, so it’s been a bit nippy at our house lately. This dish is a HUGE hit at our house – providing the heat that we needed! We now have to double the recipe to have enough for everyone. It's adapted from a recipe in Family Circle Magazine. And yes, our new AC is energy star! (photo from sustainablecommunitysolutions.com)
1 lb rotini
1 package Quorn chick'n tenders
1 tsp celery seed
2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp salt
2 tblsp olive oil
2 celery ribs, sliced
3 tsp jar garlic
4 tblsp butter
3 tblsp all-purpose flour
2 tsp dry mustard
2 1/2 cups skim milk
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (I like Wing-Time Medium Buffalo Wing Sauce)
8 oz. sharp cheddar, shredded
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I like Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs)
1) Cook pasta to al dente.
2) Defrost chick'n tenders and season with celery seed, 1 tsp paprika, and salt.
3) Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet and brown chick'n tenders. Add celery and saute for about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Remove chick'n from skillet.
4) In a saucepan, melt 3 tblsp of butter and sprinkle in flour and mustard powder, whisking for 2 minutes. Add milk and buffalo wing sauce, stirring constantly until the mixture boils. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheddar and remaining tsp of paprika.
5) Add pasta, celery, garlic and chicken to the milk mixture and put in a square 9x9 pan.
6) Heat broiler to 450 degrees. Melt the remaining tblsp of butter and stir in bread crumbs. Sprinkle over dish and broil 2-3 minutes, until browned.
7) Serve with blue cheese as a garnish.
Post a Comment