Remember – to get the latest recipes and environmental news, be sure to “Like” greenmomster on Facebook.
- 2 1/2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 packages Quorn chicken pieces (vegetarian) – you can use any chicken or turkey substitute you like
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 3 large parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups frozen peas (no need to thaw)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- pinch (or more) red pepper flakes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil potatoes until they’re soft enough to cut with a fork.
- Heat oil in a large pot. Fry Quorn in oil until light brown. Add in carrots, parsnips, ginger, salt, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, cayenne, 1/2 cup water, and frozen peas. Cover and cook until veggies are softened.
- Mash the potatoes with milk (you might need a little more to make them smooth) and butter.
- Place veggie mixture in a baking pan and top with potatoes. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
Post a Comment