I love this meat-free Friday recipe, because it's easy and tasty! It comes from one of my favorite cookbooks, A Beautiful Bowl of Soup by Paulette Mitchell. If you don't have this cookbook yet, it's time to make an order.
Asian Noodle Soup
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- dash of pepper to taste (for extra zip, toss in some red pepper flakes)
- 4 oz. dried thin Chinese wheat-flour noodles
- 8 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Combine and heat the vegetable stock, soy sauce, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the noodles, spinach, corn, and green onions. Cook until spinach is wilted and noodles are tender.
- Serve in bowls. First put the noodles in the bowls and then add liquid.
Post a Comment