Another recipe from my new cookbook, Food52 Vegan, 60 Vegetable-Driven Recipes for Any Kitchen, by Gena Hamshaw. Tasty, and this one's really easy! I doubled this recipe for a family of 5.
For the sauce:
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 2 large shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (I used 2 tblsp jar garlic)
- 8 oz. silken tofu
- 3 tblsp nutritional yeast (I forgot this and it turned out OK anyway)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water, or as needed
- 8 oz. orecchiette
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 2 large leeks, chopped and rinsed
- 2 bunches of broccoli rabe, stemmed and chopped (I had to use frozen, because fresh wasn't available)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped (again, I'm lazy. I used 1 tblsp jar garlic)
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- 2 tblps chopped chives
- To make the sauce -- heat the olive oil and add shallots. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another couple of minutes. Pour this mixture into a food processor or blender and add tofu, yeast, salt, nutmeg, and lemon juice and blend until smooth. Add water if it's too thick. Season with pepper.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- In a skillet, saute the leeks in the oil until lightly golden. Add broccoli rabe and saute until tender. Add garlic and lemon juice and saute for another couple of minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the leek mixture and the sauce. Enjoy!
Post a Comment