This is the Year of the Zucchini at my house, so this week’s recipe once again features this plentiful vegetable. The recipe is adapted from 101 Things to do with Zucchini – enjoy!
Egg Stuffed Zucchini
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tblsp butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper, red pepper flakes if you like a little zippier dish
- 1/2 to 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the pulp, leaving about 1/2 inch of shell. Chop the pulp.
- Pour the water in a baking dish and put the zucchini shells in the dish, facedown. Cook the zucchini in an oven at 350 degrees for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Saute pulp and tomato in butter until tender. Add the eggs, salt and pepper. Once the egg is cooked, spoon it into the zucchini shells. Top with cheese and cook in the oven until cheese melts.
Post a Comment