This week’s meat-free Friday dish is an easy go-to for greenmomsters with busy Friday nights – veggie quesadillas! You can mix and match the ingredients you like, but here are the basics:
- tortillas (corn or flour, depending on your preference)
- 0live oil to cover the bottom of a pan (use cooking spray for a low-cal option)
- shredded cheese – I like the “taco mix”, but you can use cheddar, mozzarella, pepper jack, whatever you like!
- chopped veggies – green, red, and yellow peppers, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, spinach, cilantro, etc
- sour cream
- salsa – green or red
- Heat oil to medium heat in a pan
- Add tortilla and place cheese and veggies on half the tortilla
- Fold tortilla in half and flip when the underside is golden
- Serve quesadillas hot with toppings of sour cream, salsa, and guacamole
It doesn’t get much easier than that! Serve with corn, black beans, and a salad for a full meal. And be sure to “Like” greenmomster on Facebook!
Post a Comment