Friday, January 18, 2013
Veggie Stew with Polenta
32 oz. vegetable broth
2 cups chopped carrots
2 cups chopped celery
2 cups chopped onion
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes (drained)
1 tblsp basil
1 tblsp oregano
1 tsp red pepper
4 tblsp cornstarch
1 15 oz. can cannellini (white kidney) beans (drained)
1 package polenta – prepared as directed on the package
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine broth, carrots, celery and onion. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
3) Stir cornstarch, basil, oregano, and red pepper into tomatoes.
4) Add tomatoes and beans to simmering vegetable mixture and stir until thickened.
5) Grease a 2 quart baking pan and spoon the vegetable mixture in. Layer polenta over vegetable mixture and top with cheese.
6) Bake for about 40 minutes.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment