Here’s a great recipe from Cooking Light that I found on MyRecipes.com (photo is also from MyRecipes.com) and made a few changes to suit my family’s tastes. I hope you enjoy it!
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 tblsp olive oil, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) package reduced-fat firm tofu, drained and cut into (1/2-inch) cubes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (1/2-inch-thick) sliced green onion
- 1 cup peas and chopped carrots
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp bottled minced fresh ginger
- 2 tblsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tblsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark sesame oil
- Cook rice.
- While rice cooks, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add tofu; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
- Add eggs to pan and scramble into small pieces. Remove from pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan. Add onions, peas and carrots, garlic, and ginger; sauté 2 minutes.
- While vegetable mixture cooks, combine sake, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Add cooked rice to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add tofu, egg, and soy sauce mixture; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
Adapted from David Bonom, Cooking Light