Cooking Light August 2012). Enjoy!This week’s recipe is adapted from a Cooking Light recipe (photo from
4 slices fake bacon (I like Morningstar Farm Veggie Bacon Strips)
5-6 small yukon gold potatoes, cut into small cubes
2 small carrots, chopped
3 tblsp olive oil
1 package Quorn Chick’n Tenders
1/2 large onion chopped
3 1/2 tblsp all-purpose flour
salt and pepper to taste
3 cups veggie broth
1 refrigerated pie crust – homemade or store-bought
1 tblsp milk
1 large egg white
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2) Microwave fake bacon as directed
3) Heat olive oil in a large pan. Saute potato and carrot for about 3 minutes. Add chick’n tenders and saute 3 more minutes or until slightly browned.
4) Stir in flour, salt and pepper and onion.
5) Pour in veggie broth; bring to a boil. Cook 2 more minutes or until slightly thick. Spoon the mixture into a round pie dish or a square baking dish. Top with the dough, folding under and sealing at the edges.
6) Combine milk and egg white. Brush mixture over top of dough. Bake at 450 degrees for about 30 minutes or until crust is golden.