This park’s unique combination of challenges, sports, and nature was especially effective in reaching ALL the kids, not just those predisposed to interest in nature. Even an accidental run-in with a wasp’s nest that got the two chaperones (yes, the greenmomster was one of them) and one unfortunate student couldn’t dampen our spirits! What a great idea for environmental education!
So here are my five reasons to love Hemlock Overlook:
1) Combining physical and mental learning for a memorable experience (and zip lines!)
2) A beautiful forest setting in busy northern Virginia (and zip lines!)
3) Very patient and experienced adult guides (and zip lines!)
4) Watching even the most timid kids swing over the mud pit (and zip lines!)
5) Getting the kids away from the classroom and into nature for a day (did I mention the zip lines?)