Mexican Zucchini Soup
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 tsp butter
- 28 – 32 oz. veg broth
- 3 cups unpeeled chopped zucchini (peel it if it’s as big as our zucchini)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can hot Hatch chiles, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tblsp cumin
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions for garnish
- In a pan, saute the onion in butter until soft (2 or 3 minutes)
- Stir in broth, zucchini, corn, chiles, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until zucchini is tender.
- Add milk and heat the soup back up, but don’t boil it.
- Serve garnished with pepper jack cheese and green onions