Here’s a quick, yet filling salad to try on a busy Friday night! I started with a recipe from Chloe’s Vegan Italian Kitchen, and then just fiddled with the ingredients, based on what I had at home.
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup walnuts, cashews, or almonds (I used almonds)
- 2 avocadoes
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (I used 2 tblsp jar garlic)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups cooked quinoa (I used the red quinoa)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 scallions, chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- The cookbook says to “combine basil, walnuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Process until smooth.” I only combined the chopped basil, lemon juice, garlic, oil, salt, pepper, scallions, and red pepper in a bowl and just whisked the ingredients together.
- Pour the sauce on the quinoa and mix well. Top with tomatoes, avocado, nuts, and any other toppings you think look tasty – I added corn and black olives.
Post a Comment