Here's a tasty recipe adapted from MarthaStewart's website. It's quick and easy for a Friday night! Don't forget to "Like" greenmomster on Facebook for recipes and other environmental news.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 oz.) white cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 olive oil
- 4 tsp jar garlic or 6 cloves, chopped
- pinch of red pepper flakes, or more if you like it hot!
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Cook pasta. Add beans during the last minute of cooking. Drain, saving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Saute parsley, lemon juice, and oil. Add red pepper and garlic; saute about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and a little bit of pasta water. Cook until "saucy".
- Toss the parsley/tomato mixture, pasta, and remaining pasta water. Serve with Parmesan cheese.