Who doesn’t like breakfast for dinner every once in a while? Here’s a meat-free Friday recipe that’s tasty like breakfast, but has enough heft to keep away the hunger until morning!
Be sure to “like” Greenmomster on Facebook for more environmental updates!
Egg and Green Chile Casserole (source unknown)
- 18 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 16 oz. of non-fat cottage cheese, drained
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced Hatch green chiles (hot is best)
- 1 can (16 oz.) sliced black olives
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups grated cheddar or taco-mix cheese
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease a 13 x 9 casserole dish. Spread the cottage cheese, grated cheese, green onion, and green chiles in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, nutmeg, lemon zest, and slat and pepper. Pour over the cheese mixture.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, until casserole is a little puffy and the top is slightly browned.