Filling? Yes! Warm? Indeed! Lo-cal? Heck no!
Here's the recipe for Patatas Bravas Mac from The Mac + Cheese Cookbook by Allison Arevalo and Erin Wade. If you like mac and cheese, this is the cookbook for you!
Ingredients (I doubled everything)
- 1/2 lb dried elbow pasta
- 2 tbslp olive oil
- 3 fingerling potatoes, thinly sliced, skin on
- 2 tblsp butter at room temp
- 1 tblsp smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- 2 cups Mac Sauce
- 2 cups grated Manchego cheese
Instructions for mac sauce:
- Heat 3 cups whole milk and slowly mix in 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour. The goal is to have a nice, thick (but not lumpy) sauce. Want more detailed instructions -- buy the cookbook
Instructions for mac and cheese
- Cook the pasta until al dente
- Saute potatoes in olive oil until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.
- Combine butter, smoked paprika, garlic, lemon juice, and 1 tsp salt in a small bowl. Mash together until it's a thick paste.
- Add mac sauce, paprika paste, and cheese to a large pot and heat until the cheese is just melted. Add the cooked pasta and stir until everything is smooth and hot.
- Spoon into bowls and top with potatoes.