Wild Mushroom Farro with Lemon, Mint, and Artichokes
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 1 lb mixed mushrooms, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 14 oz. can quartered artichokes
- 1 tblsp jar garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked farro (cook like you'd cook rice, with about 4 cups of water)
- 2 tblsp chopped fresh mint
- zest of 1 lemon (plus I added the juice from the lemon as well)
- 1-2 tblsp red pepper flakes
- In a large pot, heat oil and saute mushrooms with salt and pepper until soft. Add artichokes and garlic and saute another couple of minutes.
- Add wine and cook until the liquid is almost gone. Add broth and farro and cook again until the broth is almost gone.
- Remove from heat and stir in mint, lemon zest, and lemon.
Post a Comment