It's gotta be eggs for meat-free Friday this week!
I've adapted this recipe from Family Circle Magazine (photo from PinkBites.com), and boy was it a hit at my house!
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tblsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees (but just for a couple of minutes!)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until browned and soft (stir once in a while), about 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and nutmeg. Remove pie crust from freezer, and sprinkle cheese evenly on bottom of crust. Spread onions on top of the cheese. Pour egg mixture over cheese and onions. Bake quiche for 45 minutes or until eggs are set. Enjoy!