Cheesy Chard from “Recipes for a Small Planet” by Ellen Buchman Ewald (photo from uprisingorganics.com)
- 3/4 cup raw brown rice, cooked
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- One large bunch chard (or other leafy green)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- soy sauce to taste
- Chop the chard and stems separately and add stems to the onions.
- In a large pot or wok, saute the onions, garlic, and chard stems until onion is transparent.
- Stir in the cooked rice and put the chopped chard leaves on top. Cover and let steam a few minutes until the chard is wilted, then stir into the rice.
- Add the cheese and soy sauce, stir and serve.