OK -- no excuses. This is the easiest meat-free Friday dish, and your family will leave NO leftovers.
Eggs and roasted veggies
- any wintertime veggies you have -- I like to mix sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower, but you can use turnips, white potatoes, cabbage, etc.
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper
- Chop the veggies into bite-sized pieces. Mix with a generous amount of olive oil (the veggies should be a little shiny), and add red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Spread veggies on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees
- Meanwhile, fry up the eggs -- some folks like them over-easy, some folks like them sunny side up.
- Top the veggies with the eggs and serve with bread and a salad. Enjoy!
Post a Comment