Don't forget to "Like" greenmomster on Facebook for all of the meat-free Friday recipes!
Here’s a way for vegetarians to enjoy pozole! It’s super-tasty, so you may want to double the recipe. This recipe is adapted from one from Michael Lomonaco on the Today Show.
- 2 packages Quorn chik’n tenders, defrosted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tblsp ground cumin
- 2 tblsp garlic
- 2 small cans Hatch green chiles
- 1 can Rotel (tomatoes and chiles)
- 2 quarts veggie broth (add more if you need more liquid)
- 1 28 ounce can hominy
- sour cream
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add chik’n with salt and pepper to taste; cook until very slightly browned.
- Add onions and red pepper and cook until onions are soft.
- Add cumin, garlic, chiles, and Rotel – mix well.
- Pour in veggie broth and allow the mixture to boil.
- Lower heat, add hominy, and warm through.
- Serve topped with sour cream, if desired. Enjoy!