- 2 tblsp butter
- about 1 pound of chopped collard greens
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tblsp chopped garlic from a jar (use less if it's fresh)
- about 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 milk (I used skim)
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package Quorn meatless chicken tenders, defrosted
- 2 15 oz. cans green chile enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 small can Hatch diced chiles -- hot
- cilantro for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees and coat a 13x9 baking pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large pot. Add collards, onion, and garlic and cook until collards are soft -- about 15 minutes.
- Stir the cream cheese, milk, sugar, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of cheese into the collard mixture. Stir until everything is melted and mixed thoroughly. Remove from heat and add in Quorn tenders.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the enchilada sauce and sour cream. Spoon 1 cup of this mixture into your baking pan.
- Spread the tortillas on a plate, cover with a wet paper towel, and microwave for about 1 minute.
- Into each tortilla, spread a spoonful of the collard mixture. Roll up the tortilla and put it seam side down into the baking dish. Continue to stack the tortillas side-by-side until the baking dish is filled with your 12 tortillas. Cover the tortillas with enchilada sauce mixture, remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese, the Hatch chiles, and the cilantro.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
Want more meat-free Friday recipes? Follow us on twitter or like us on Facebook!