Fast blender soups seem to be making the rounds on the internet, and there's a good reason for it -- they're easy and tasty. Here's the recipe for tomato soup that I made in the blender:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup habanero lime olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 slices of white bread, torn into pieces
- 2 28 oz. cans of diced tomatoes, or the equivalent of chopped fresh tomatoes (I used fresh)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2-3 tsp (or 4) Old Bay seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (split into two batches, if it doesn't fit in your blender). Blend on "chop" for 15 seconds and then puree until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan and heat.
Post a Comment