Who doesn’t like breakfast for dinner every once in a while? Here’s a meat-free Friday recipe that’s tasty like breakfast, but has enough heft to keep away the hunger until morning!
Egg and Green Chile Casserole (source unknown)
- 18 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 16 oz. of non-fat cottage cheese, drained
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles (hot is best)
- 1 can (16 oz.) sliced black olives
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups grated cheddar or taco-mix cheese
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease a 13x 9 casserole dish. Spread the cottage cheese, grated cheese, green onion, and green chiles in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, nutmeg, lemon zest, and slat and pepper. Pour over the cheese mixture.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, until casserole is a little puffy and the top is slightly browned.
Post a Comment