Sometimes you just feel like dinner on a stick, so this week's recipe is adapted from Lighten up, y'all. Classic Southern Recipes mad Healthy and Wholesome by Virginia Willis. I exchanged the main ingredient of chicken with a meat-free option, and it worked very nicely. It's a family-pleasing recipe, perfect for a summer Friday!
- 1 tblsp coarse kosher salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 packages Quorn chic'n tenders, defrosted
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tblsp canola oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tblsp dijon mustard
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine salt, 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp onion powder, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Add buttermilk and mix thoroughly.
- Add the chik'n tenders and marinate for 30 minutes (don't let it go too much longer)
- In a flat plate, combine the breadcrumbs and remaining paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. Add the 2 tblsp of oil and mix. In a separate bowl, combine egg whites and mustard.
- Take the chik'n tenders out of the marinade and put on skewers.
- Dip the skewers into the egg mixture and then roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on a rack and bake for about 25 minutes, rotating halfway through.
Post a Comment