Thug Kitchen is back on meat-free Friday and I'm providing you some cooking music, too! This recipe is hot, hot, hot, but really tasty. It comes from the Thug Kitchen cookbook (given to me by my kids). By the way, this is a GREAT COOKBOOK if you're looking to eat more meat-free meals. Here's the recipe, edited by me -- I doubled this recipe for a family of five and everything was eaten quickly!
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tblsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tblsp of your go-to chipotle hot sauce (I used sriracha)
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic (I used 2 tblsp jar garlic)
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- quick lime and cilantro slaw
- fire-roasted salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan, heat beer, broth, lime juice, soy sauce, hot sauce, and garlic over medium heat. Add cauliflower and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Toss the spices, salt, and olive oil in a large bowl. Add cauliflower and onion, stirring to coat. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Make the tacos using cauliflower, avocado, and some slaw. We added some salsa and sour cream to cut the heat.
Lime and Cilantro Slaw-- this is so good, you'll eat it as a side-dish!
- 1/2 head green cabbage, chopped small
- 1 small carrot, chopped small
- 2 tblsp lime juice
- 2 tblsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Combine lime juice, rice vinegar, olive oil, and salt. Toss with green cabbage, carrot, and cilantro.