Be sure to “Like” greenmomster on Facebook!
Make 4 sandwiches
Roasted Eggplant Slices:
- 2 pounds eggplant, skin partially trimmed, sliced into rounds
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato chutney, prepared
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 4 herb flatbreads
- 1 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (or more) hot water
Spoon the tahini into medium bowl. Add lemon juice and whisk until smooth. Add 1/2 cup hot water and whisk until well blended, adding more hot water if mixture is very thick. Season to taste with salt.
Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium.
Slice the eggplant flesh diagonally into ½” think slabs.
Brush the eggplant with the oil and rub the garlic into it. Sprinkle with the cumin, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until lightly charred and tender. Set aside until ready to use.
Assemble and Serve: Spread the tomato chutney on 2 pieces of flatbread, top with eggplant, then feta and a drizzle of the tahini dressing. Top with the remaining flatbread. Grill the sandwich on both sides with a small amount of olive oil on either a Panini press or a medium-high griddle. Cut and serve immediately.