Everyone has issues that he or she hopes the candidates will address. I’m hoping that the candidates for President/Senate/Congress can put down their single smart phones (with only one email address), drop the snowballs, and stop decorating their offices “Downton Abbey” style long enough to answer my questions.
- What is your plan to move the U.S. economy toward a sustainable energy supply that decreases our carbon footprint significantly?
- How do you plan to work with other nations, particularly India and China, to decrease the global use of non-renewable energy?
- How do you plan to support and encourage U.S. industry to innovate to become a world supplier of green energy technology?
- Now that we’re in the middle of what scientists consider to be the 6th global extinction event, what’s your plan for protecting global biodiversity?
- What is your “national water strategy”, including maintaining supplies of freshwater in the U.S. and abroad, and dealing with refugees from areas affected by sea level rise or drought conditions?
- Are you actually planning to support the crazy idea of drilling for oil off the southern U.S. Atlantic coast, particularly off the coast of Virginia?