I found this recipe for Penne with Arugula Pesto in Martha Stewart Living magazine. It has an unexpected zip, if you’re used to basil pesto, but my family really liked it! Super simple, too – perfect for a quick meat-free Friday!
- 5 oz. baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons blanched almonds, toasted and chopped (I just used plain old chopped almonds, no toasting or blanching)
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped (I used 1 tblsp of the chopped garlic in a jar)
- 3 tblsp fresh lemon juice (It’s winter. I used bottled lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 extra-virgin olive oil (I used a little bit more)
- 1 lb. penne rigate
- Combine arugula, almonds, garlic, lemon juice, and cheese in the bowl of a food processor (I used a blender). Season with salt and puree. Martha says to slowly drizzle in the oil while doing the puree, but I just tossed in the oil with all the other ingredients and all went OK!
- Boil pasta to al dente and drain.
- Add pesto to pasta and mix to coat the pasta. Add a few extra leaves of arugula and some almonds for crunch.
Post a Comment