Here’s my son’s favorite dinner – I’m guessing it will be a hit at your house too. Quick and easy!
1 lb. rotelle or penne pasta
about 14 slices of Morningstar farms veggie bacon strips
3 tblsp olive oil
1 chopped onion
2 tsp bottled minced garlic
2 tblsp fresh thyme
1 package frozen peas
2 tsp butter
3/4 cup half and half
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1) Cook pasta and drain.
2) Cook "bacon." Here's what I do: First put the strips on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on 1/2 power for 5 minutes, then flip the strips and microwave 3 minutes on high. "Bacon" should be crispy. Break it up into little pieces.
3) Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add onions, garlic, and thyme and saute until onions are soft. Add in green peas and cook until the peas are warm.
4) Add half & half to the pea mixture and cook for about 2 minutes.
5) Add butter, salt, and pepper to pea mixture and cook until butter melts.
6) Pour pea mixture over pasta and toss.
7) Add crumbled bacon and parmesan (or save parmesan for individuals to add, in case you’ve got folks who don’t like cheese), and toss again