Friday, March 14, 2014
Anu’s Chick Pea Curry
Anu’s Recipe for Chana Masala (Indian chick pea curry)
1. Garbanzos Chick Peas Cans – 2 small (thoroughly washed)
2. Onions – 2 (finely chopped)
3. Tomatoes – 2 (finely chopped)
1. Coriander seeds (Indian spice called “Jeera”)
2. Turmeric Powder (Indian spice)
3. Green chili powder (Indian spice – be cautious as it is hot and spicy)
4. Chana Masala (Indian spice)
1. Add 4 tsp of vegetable oil in a pan and simmer for a minute.
2. Add a few Jeera seeds and let them turn brown.
3. Add chopped onions and fry until golden brown.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and stir for about 2-3 minutes.
5. To the above onion/tomato gravy, add:
a. Salt to taste
b. 1tsp turmeric powder
c. ¼ tsp green chilly powder
d. 4 tsp Chana masala.
Mix all the spices with onion/tomato gravy.
6. Add chick peas.
7. Add 1-2 cups of water. (Tip: add water to the gravy for desired consistency)
8. Simmer and cook for about 10 minutes with occasional stirring.
9. Garnish with Coriander leaves.
Be sure to "Like" us on Facebook!