1 cup uncooked rice
14 oz. firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
5 tsp canola oil
2 tsp creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 tblsp Thai red curry paste
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 14 oz. can light coconut milk
3 tblsp soy sauce
1 tblsp brown sugar
3 cups cubed squash (I used butternut)
1 cup red bell pepper
2 or 3 shallots, sliced
2 tblsp lime juice
1/1/2 tsp grated lime rind
1/2 cup basil leaves
- Cook rice.
- Place tofu on several layers of paper towels and cover with more paper towels. Let the tofu drain for about 30 minutes.
- Heat pan with 1 tblsp oil. Add tofu and saute until golden brown. Remove tofu.
- Reheat pan and add 2 tblsp oil, peanut butter, curry paste, cumin, and coriander. Cook for about 15 seconds.
- Add coconut milk, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Add squash, bell pepper, and shallots. Bring the mixture to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Stir in tofu, lime rind, and juice.
- Serve over rice with basil leaves as a garnish.