Be sure to “Like” greenmomster on Facebook for all your meat-free Friday recipes!
Time again for breakfast for dinner! This delicious dish was adapted from a recipe by Gale Belser in ‘Pon Top Edisto, a cookbook from the Trinity Episcopal Church in my favorite vacation spot – Edisto Island SC! The recipe is easy AND it’s a crowd-pleaser – what could be better than that?
Cheese, egg, and spinach casserole
1/4 cup butter
1 16 oz. carton cottage cheese
6 eggs, beaten
6 tblsp four
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and with water squeezed out
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter in a small baking dish (9x9)
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except spinach, in a separate bowl
- Pour half egg mixture into baking dish. Spread spinach in a layer on top. Pour second half of egg mixture on top of the spinach.
- Bake for 1 hour or until lightly browned.