Here’s a way to have your pozole in vegetarian form. It’s super-tasty, so you may want to double the recipe! This recipe is adapted from one from Michael Lomonaco on the Today Show.
2 packages Quorn chik’n tenders, defrosted
1/4 cup olive oil
2 onions, chopped
2 red bell peppers, chopped
2 tblsp ground cumin
2 tblsp garlic
2 small cans Hatch green chiles
1 can Rotel (tomatoes and chiles)
2 quarts veggie broth (add more if you need more liquid)
1 28 ounce can hominy
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add chik’n with salt and pepper to taste; cook until very slightly browned.
- Add onions and red pepper and cook until onions are soft.
- Add cumin, garlic, chiles, and Rotel – mix well.
- Pour in veggie broth and allow the mixture to boil.
- Lower heat, add hominy, and warm through.
- Serve topped with sour cream, if desired. Enjoy!