When you’re wanting something savory for dinner, there’s nothing like stroganoff. Today’s recipe is adapted from Cooking Light, and you could make it with or without the “meat”balls. Enjoy!
1 bag egg noodles
1 onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb cremini mushrooms, sliced
4 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup white wine
2 tblsp all-purpose flour
2 cups veggie broth
2/3 cups sour cream
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 package Quorn meatballs, defrosted and heated in microwave
- Cook noodles. Drain and keep warm
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Saute mushrooms until almost clear. Add mushrooms, garlic, and paprika; saute until mushrooms are soft – 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add wine to mushroom mixture and cook until wine is almost totally evaporated.
- Sprinkle flour over the mushroom mixture and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add veggie broth. Boil and then reduce heat and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add salt, pepper, sour cream, and mustard.
- Add meatballs to mushroom mixture.
- Spoon mushrooms and meatballs over the noodles.
(Nope, Quorn didn't pay me for the endorsement -- I just like the product!)