Family Circle Magazine (photo from Home Décor Trend), but I’ve made several changes. Enjoy!I just tried this recipe last night, and it was a winner with the entire family! The original recipe came from the October 2012 issue of
4 cups or 32 oz vegetable broth
4 tblsp olive oil
1 tblsp white truffel oil (optional)
1 onion, chopped
1 package Smart Sausage Italian style soysage, chopped into small pieces
3/4 lb mixed mushrooms, sliced
2 1/2 cups arborio rice
1 cup red wine (I used Merlot)
28 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1 tsp black pepper (more if you like spicier)
1 5 oz bag baby spinach
shredded Italian blend or Parmesan cheese
1) In a large bowl, combine vegetable broth and 2 cups water
2) Heat the oil in a large pot. Add onion and cook for about 3 minutes. Add soysage and mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Stir in rice and cook for about 1 minute. Add wine and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
4) Add about 1 cup of the broth/water mixture. Stir until the liquid is gone. Add another cup of broth/water. Stir until liquid is gone. Repeat until all liquid is gone and the rice is tender. (Takes about 1/2 hour)
5) Stir in tomatoes and pepper to taste. Add spinach and stir until it has wilted.
6) Serve risotto with cheese garnish.