OK, I’m taking a break from my new favorite dance to share the meat-free Friday recipe. In honor of the newest dance craze, today I’m sharing a Korean dish – Kimchi! This recipe comes 100% from Cooking Light magazine, March 2003, via myrecipes.com.
- 14 cups coarsely chopped napa cabbage (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sambal oelek or Thai chile paste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic $
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- Place cabbage and salt in a large bowl, tossing gently to combine. Weigh down cabbage with another bowl. Let stand at room temperature 3 hours, tossing occasionally. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain and squeeze dry.
- Combine cabbage, sesame seeds, and remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
Back to dancing!