Yield: Makes 4 first-course servings
- 1 1/2 lb tomatoes, chopped (4 cups)
- 1 lb peaches, pitted and chopped (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup crushed ice
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot (1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
1) Purée two thirds of tomatoes and half of peaches with ice, shallot, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 2 teaspoons tarragon, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a blender until very smooth, about 1 minute. Force through a medium-mesh sieve into a large glass measure, discarding solids. Stir in water to desired consistency.
2) Toss together remaining tomatoes and peaches with remaining tablespoon oil, remaining 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, remaining teaspoon tarragon, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a bowl.
3) Serve soup in bowls topped with tomato peach salsa.
PS. Happy World Oceans Day 2012!
Post a Comment