|photo from Davislifemagazine.com|
1 lb. rotelle pasta
8-9 slices of Morningstar farms veggie bacon strips
3 tblsp olive oil
1 chopped onion
2 tsp bottled minced garlic
2 tblsp fresh thyme
1 package frozen peas
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2 tsp butter
1/2 cup half and half
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1) Cook pasta and drain. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
2) Cook "bacon." Here's what I do: First put the strips on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on 1/2 power for 5 minutes, then flip the strips and microwave 3 minutes on high. "Bacon" should be crispy. Break it up into little pieces.
3) Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add onions, garlic, and thyme and saute until onions are soft. Add in green peas and cook until the peas are warm. Add green onions and saute for an additional minute or two.
4) Add half & half and pasta cooking liquid to the pea mixture and cook for about 2 minutes.
5) Add butter, salt, and pepper to pea mixture and cook until butter melts.
6) Pour pea mixture over pasta and toss.
7) Add crumbled bacon and parmesan, and toss again
Post a Comment