It’s that time of year again! Time for a favorite pasta dish that can be served cold (good news for the brown bag lunches). There are no set amounts for this recipe – I’m going to give you “guesstimates,” and you can adjust to taste.
- 1 lb pasta – any pasta will do, but I like the farfalle, because they’re sort of festive
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella – I like the tiny little balls (boconccini or ciliegine) sliced in half, but you can also slice the bigger pieces into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, torn into smaller pieces
- about 8 oz grape tomatoes – I leave them whole, because they keep better for the next day, but you can also slice them in half
- about 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1) Cook pasta to al dente and rinse in cool water
2) Toss pasta with remaining ingredients